Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday Munchies hit HARD

Hello!
Wow! I was hit hard by the "Monday Munchies" and a sweet tooth yesterday. It was crazy! I usually have Monday's off so I was just wandering around the house (between cleaning and stuff) munching on stuff (it was all YOAD but it was just constant). I had a CRAZY sweet tooth so I made some YOAD ok oatmeal bars (vs. oatmeal cookies because I was afraid I would eat too many cookies). They were good but I ended up eating two of them *sigh*. Which in some ways is good because the "old me" would have eaten the entire pan OR gone to the store for brownie mix and made a pan of brownies (I was TOTALLY tempted to do that too). So I guess....after all that....I am kind of proud of myself for not totally going off the rails. I ended up with about 400 calories more than I was supposed to have for the day (I self corrected in the evening somewhat to manage what I had munched and eaten during the day). Needless to say, I was hungry at bedtime! LOL!

I didn't get to the gym yesterday either, so that almost started a "guilt spiral" (but I didn't let it). On Sunday, we had done lots of yardwork and we also went to the gym for about an hour, and then on Monday my muscles were screaming at me. My hamstrings were SOOOO tight, I just couldn't go to the gym. I was worried that I was going to pull one and be sidelined for awhile, so I let them have a day off. They feel much better today but I am still a bit sore in my lower back. I'll definitely be at the gym today for my usual hour.

I have to run shortly. Two of the girls have a badminton game today, it's the first of the season. I can't miss that! They are really excited for it. They've been practicing hard and getting lots of extra workouts because of it. I'm glad it's a way for them to build confidence AND exercise at the same time.

I'm getting pretty excited about this weekend. We'll be going to Boulder Friday after school (on our annual Labor Day camping trip). I have been preparing to "hike the rim" this trip. It's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do but have NEVER been in good enough shape to do it. Well....I'm doing it! I'm excited! I'm a little scared but more excited. I'm definitely going to take pictures of this monumental occasion.

I better run, before I'm late for the game! I still have to close up the office and get to the school.
Hugs,
Shannon

No comments: