Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday

Hi!
It's been a few days since I've blogged. No worries though, I'm still here and still just chuggin' along. It's been a busy couple of days.
Saturday-My middle daughter hosted a Community Safety Fair for her GS Silver Award Project. It was fun. She had a booth on ATV Safety and Helmet use. She also invited the County Sheriff's Office and the local Fire Department to participate. They each had a table full of information and freebies for everyone that attended. I think she did a pretty good job. She submitted her paperwork yesterday so hopefully we'll know within the next week or so, if it was approved. I went to the gym for 45 minutes. It was my oldest niece's 20th birthday and the whole family went to dinner at a new Greek restaurant. It was really good! I had a chicken pita, which was delicious and YOAD ok (but I'm not sure if there was refined flour in the PITA). Our table got a greek dip appetizer-we tried hummus, babaganoush (sp), some kind of caviar dip (I didn't try it), tzatziki (sp) and one other yogurt based dip. They were YUMMY and totally YOAD. After dinner, we went over to my sisters briefly to see the new puppies (that one of my wiener dogs fathered---*sigh*). They are adorable! I can't remember if I already talked about them or not. There's 2 dapples (one male, one female), 1 brown female and 1 black/brown brindle female.
Sunday-I went to the "Strictly Strengthening" class for an hour at the gym. It was tough but great. The teacher was like "Hey, how are you! I haven't seen you in a while". I told her that just because she doesn't see me in class, doesn't mean I'm not at the gym. I told her that I am down 51 pounds and work, work, working to keep going down. She was really excited and said that she wouldn't worry about me then, because I've got things under control. After the gym, I helped my daughter finish her award summary/evaluation. She needed to reflect on what she had done and write about what she learned. That evening we went to church. It was nice, we haven't been to church in a while. The family's Sunday schedule has been so out of whack that we've missed church like the last 6 weeks or so. We're finally back on track now though.
Monday-It was my day off work. I got some GS stuff done at home. Did some housework. Went to the doctor--he was VERY pleased with my weight loss. I've got some fasting bloodwork to do this week--I'll share my results next week (as soon as I get them). Hubby & I went to the gym for a 45 minute workout on the Cybex. I told him we need to start mixing it up a bit. We've been working on the Cybex machines for quite a while now and I think we're starting to get too comfortable. He agreed and said "next week we'll change". LOL--next week. That's my dh for ya, everything is "next week".

TUESDAY-TODAY
Well--now we're all caught up. I gave the cliff notes version of my weekend and we're finally here to today. It's a lovely Tuesday in AZ. The morning weather was super! We were in the mid-60's when I went to the gym this morning. I spent 45 minutes on the Cybex and 10 minutes on the stairmaster (yes I am mixing it up a bit). I burned 626 and 100 calories, respectively. I was happy with the workout.
I got home and had some lunch--Progresso Light SW Veggie Soup (the whole can--honestly who has only 1/2 can of soup, especially when it's only 120 calories for the can??), 1 c. non-fat milk and 3 home made YOAD chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies. DANG those are good! (I made them last night---I got a thumbs up from the entire family on them).
After lunch I went to work, where I am now. I'm here at the office until 5pm today. It's super quiet, so I have lots of time to work on GS stuff, post on my YOAD board and input my stuff onto SparkPeople. It works out very nice.
I just called to make my oldest daughter's appointment for her SR pictures. WOW--I can't believe this day is finally here. It just seems like yesterday *I* was getting *MY* SR pictures. WEIRD! It's pretty cool though too. I'm not sure how ready she is to be an adult yet, but I'm trying to help mentor her more that way this year. She needs to spread her wings a bit more---enjoying her successes and experiencing/creating her own failures. I hope I can let go enough to let her do this stuff---I know it's the only way she can grow and learn. I can't shield and protect her forever, I know that only hurts her in the long run.

Well---I guess I'm going to wrap things up (on that deep note). I'm still moving in the right direction here--exercising, eating right and drinking my water. I'm still on my way to a healthier me in AZ!!
Hugs,
Shannon

No comments: