Friday, September 7, 2007

Lazy Day.....Frustrations Abound

Well today was a lazy day. I sat at the computer for the majority of it checking emails, doing GS paperwork and trying to get little girls into troops. Basically a long day doing nothing but sitting....ugh! No worries, I'll still get to the gym tonight though for at least 1 hour.

I'm a bit discouraged about yesterday's weight still. I've had a real defeatist attitude today, I don't know why though because I haven't really had that since beginning my journey in May. I even had a couple of YOAD cookies today (I made them last night when a sweet tooth hit). No, they aren't completely off the wagon as they are made with steel cut oats, raisins, splenda white & brown sugar, applesauce, canola oil butter and 1 tbsp of peanut butter (organic of course). They are yummy and definitely satisfy the craving (I'm glad I didn't have the fixings for a cake or brownies to tempt me even farther of the course). All in all, not too bad as far as "off course" goes but eating 6 small cookies isn't all that "on course" either. *sigh* That's OK--it's YOU turn time. I think I'll still be fine calorie wise, or pretty close to it. I'll make sure I burn enough at the gym tonight to be OK.

Ever get days like that? It's weird. What do "skinny people" do on days like this? Since they are massive eaters, what is their vice on a blah day? Hmmmm.....I wonder.

I think we're going to rent movies tonight and just have a family "veg" night. We rarely get to do that anymore with all the girls in high school. Everyone is usually going their own way on a Friday night. Lucky for us only one of the girls will be gone and we'll get to have the other two. Our youngest is kind of bummed today, she had a bad day at school, so we'll hopefully cheer her up. I thought she was going to blossom in high school but so far she doesn't like it very much. It's hard on her (and me). I'll try and keep her up and positive the best I can. I hope that will change.

Raising three girls is a challenge, it's such a rarity that these pubescent girls are all happy at the same time. I hope I can help her "YOU turn" her attitude and show her that high school is a blast!

Guess I better go for now.....time to read Rich & Elizabeth's blogs too.
Hugs from AZ,
Shannon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I get days like that. I actually have one about the same time every month. It's the weirdest thing--no matter what I eat, I want something else two minutes later. I just do the best I can to get through it and know it will be better tomorrow. I do wonder what the skinny people do. I can't wait until we're some of those people!

Elizabeth

Shannon's YOAD Journey said...

Me too!
:-)
Shannon