Popping in to say I'm still chugging along!
I'm in the 170's now...officially with a strong hold. I think I've been there for a month now, which is VERY cool! I'm at 179.2 as of Monday, which is actually up 1/2 pound from the week before, but I'm ok with that.
I hit a bit of a rough patch and had GYN problems for two weeks that really took me down & out. I wasn't able to exercise and I felt awful. Fortunately that is back on track, thanks to my doc, and I'm going at full force again! WOO HOO!
I just realized something this morning...something profound actually. Did you know 95% of the people that lose weight gain it back within a year? Guess what? I started my journey almost 1.5 years ago AND I'm not gaining it back!!! I am the 5%!! I'm so happy and proud of that! It's one of the things I honestly worried the most about when I started my journey. I am so glad that the weight of that thought is no longer looming in my head. I don't even think about it. I don't give it power. It's just not an option...EVER! What a difference a year makes...it's truly unbelievable!! YIPEE!!
I'm doing great with exercise. I'm doing 30 minutes of aerobics and walking 5+ miles daily. I've started to add a bit of jogging in there too. I'm also working on increasing the distance. It feels good! I feel fit! I know I still have more weight to go but I'm honestly in the best physical shape of my life. The exciting thing is, I know I can even get stronger and faster! NOW that is COOL!
I'm still wearing my pedometer and always going for 10-15K steps a day....gotta do the work to reap the benefits. I know that and I'm living proof of it!
Food is ok. I'm doing well with choices just constantly working on portion or just the amount eaten daily. That's my true nemesis. For some folks exercise is their worst obstacle, for me it's food. I'm aware of that though and I continue to work towards better portions, better choices and healthy options daily. I'm proud of where I've been, more proud of where I am and the most proud of where I am still going!
I hope all is well with you in your world! Keep on, keeping on!
Shannon
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your post gave me a smile today. You are doing so great. I was feeling a little discouraged this morning and this has given a shot in the arm. Thank you.
Hi Shannon, I just thought I's check out your blog. I am so pleased for you. You are doing great. Hopefully we wil always be Committed.
Thanks a bunch!!
Post a Comment